Take a Look at These Adorable Disney-Inspired Christmas Ornaments
Magical baubles to put you in the Christmas spirit.
Halloween candy is barely on the supermarket shelves, and we haven't even started planning our Thanksgiving menus. Yet, in the second full week of September, it's already beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas here at SL. If you've been dreading venturing out into the garage to pull out your Christmas decorations, why not spring for some new ornaments or make your own this holiday season. And you can start by celebrating the season the Disney way with a little inspiration courtesy of Primark. The UK-based, high-end street retailer has already started to fill its stores with cute Disney-themed ornaments.
Although the baubles are quite affordable, unfortunately, they're only available in the UK and in select stores in Boston and New Jersey. No word yet on whether they'll ever be sold online, but we've found two UK sellers on eBay, bulldog13r and jenni-sponge, who are offering the new Primark Disney ornaments at a slightly higher cost.
If you can't wait to get your hands on these, try your hand at crafting your own budget-friendly DIY versions at home. They're super easy to recreate, and the whole family will enjoy hanging them this holiday season.
Minnie Mouse Ears with Bow
- Styrofoam balls (two small for the ears and one medium)
- Black acrylic paint
- Hot glue gun
- Red velvet bow
- Ribbon, yarn, or string
- Wire ornament hangers (one for each ornament)
- Simply paint one medium-sized ball and two smaller styrofoam balls (for the ears) with acrylic paint.
- While the foam dries, take one wire ornament hanger, straighten it, and then bend it into a "V" shape to push into the center of the foam ball.
- Once the paint has dried, use a hot glue gun to affix the two smaller foam balls on each side of the medium-sized ball to make Minnie's ears.
- Lastly, use the hot glue gun to affix the red bow at the top of the ball to slightly cover the wire hanger.
- Use colorful ribbon, yarn, or string to hang the ornament.
You can also switch up the colors of the acrylic paint and bow to make a pink or metallic version. To replicate Minnie's dotted dress, use laser-cut stencil paper to paint white polka dots on red glass ornaments. Because styrofoam is so forgiving and easy to work with, the possibilities of creating magic are endless here.
WATCH: Christmas Tree Mason Jars
From Minnie ears to Beauty and the Beast, your tree will get a whole lot prettier and far more enchanting with these beautiful baubles, once they're available stateside, that is.