20 Songs You Need On Your Wedding Playlist
Want to keep guests on the dance floor? Play these songs.
One of the best parts about your Big Day is the music. And at a Southern wedding, the music you choose to play is just as important as the food you decide to serve. Whether you have a DJ, a band, or a generous cousin running the musical show, make sure there are a few songs that capture the beauty of your wedding day. While everyone has a few special (and personal) tunes to play, here are a few that we believe must make your playlist.
- I Choose You, Sarah Bareilles: This isn't your average sappy first dance song—with a happy upbeat feeling, it's the perfect song for you and your guests to celebrate marital bliss.
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: The best way to say, "'till death do us part."
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love), Natalie Cole: This song reaffirms us that this is the beginning of a lifetime together.
- Walk the Line, Johnny Cash: Everyone will be singing these classic lines together.
- I Found You, Alabama Shakes: For that moment when "I do" becomes a reality.
- Thinking Out Loud, Ed Sheeran: This irresistible melody will have some tears during that first dance.
- At Last, Etta James: The moment everyone has been waiting for has finally arrived, and what better song to capture the moment than this one.
- Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley: A classic from the King that will make that moment oh so special.
- Marry Me, Train: This song reminds us that true love is eternal.
- Stand By Me, Ben E. King: This song has stood the test of time, and has reminded a countless number of couples that love is forever.
- When a Man Loves a Woman, Percy Sledge: The words to this song truly speak for itself.
- From This Moment On, Shania Twain & Bryan White: From the moment the bride and groom exchange vows, all the guests will know that this union will never be unbroken.
- Marry You, Bruno Mars: No better way to say it.
- It's Your Love, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill: Hill and McGraw celebrate love.
- My Girl, The Temptations: The bride will know that she is the luckiest girl in the world when this song comes on.
- You & I, John Legend: Legend's voice. That's all.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me), Whitney Houston: All the guests will hit the dance floor with the bride and groom when this comes on.
- Make You Feel My Love, Adele: Cue the tears.
- You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne: What better words are there to hear (well, besides "I Do") on your wedding day.
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Frankie Valli: Play this song and watch the bride and groom stare into each other eyes as they take their first dance.