5 Ways To Elevate Your Fourth of July Party
We love celebrating the Fourth of July. We break out our red, white, and blue, and we open our homes and porches to friends and neighbors for backyard cookouts. Simplify your festive and patriotic get-together with these easy and beautiful party tips from Laura Helm of Ashton Events.
1) Don't get hung up on stars and stripes. Feel free to think outside the box and simply find items that boast the red, white, and blue palette. We started with this blue and white floral linen, and then ran with the rest of the design!
2) Watermelon will be your best friend. It's the perfect summer treat and always a crowd pleaser. We loved incorporating it into the cocktail, as well coating a chunk of watermelon with icing to create a faux cake.
3) Keep it casual. To keep things relaxed and garden-appropriate, try mixing in wicker or wood elements in the decor to help incorporate the summer season.
4) Eliminate the hassle. You will want to enjoy mingling with your guests, so put out a simple recipe card for your refreshing drink. This way guests can help themselves to a beverage – and know how to recreate it!
5) Think outside the box. Looking for a fun way to display your sparklers? Grab an extra watermelon! Sparkler ends are easy to jab into the rind – just make sure it won't roll away.
Vendors: Design + Florals: Ashton Events; Photography: Jordan Weiland; Vintage Rentals: Wish Vintage; Chargers + Flatware: A Chair Affair; Cake: Jaime Cakes; Beverage: Creative Juices; Stationery: Beacon Lane; Linens: La Tavola