It’s no secret: We have a lot of love for Nashville’s Loveless Cafe. Named one of the South’s Best Breakfast Spots, Loveless has received our highest accolades for its biscuits and classic home cookin’.
The 66-year-old motel and café shares one of its iconic breakfast recipes, perfectly fit for Valentine’s Day: Red Velvet Waffles. Even if you’re nowhere near Nashville, you can still whip up this easy Valentine’s Day recipe in no time.
- South's Best Breakfast Spots
- Pizza Waffles
- How To Make Red Velvet Crepes (With A Decadent Cream Cheese Filling!)
Related: Molten Red Velvet Cakes Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, sift cocoa powder into mix.
- Add food coloring to the water and mix into the dry ingredients.
- Once combined, let mixture rest for three minutes.
- For Waffles: Pour mixture into pre-heated Belgian waffle iron, close the lid and cook per waffle iron directions. For Pancakes: Pour mixture onto your pre-heated griddle and cook to your liking (don’t forget to flip!). Serve with fresh whipped cream, syrup, butter or whatever your heart (or your sweetie’s heart) desires!
You may also be interested in:
And for those of you lucky enough to be in Nashville with your sweetie? Stop by Loveless Café at 8400 State 100; lovelesscafe.com.