You can snag a seat along the runway at Fashion Week or simply dive into the chic shopping in the Garment District.
- Burger Bar: Casual bastion of beef: from an American cheeseburger to one made of Kobe and topped with foie gras. 999 North Second Street; www.burgerbarsaintlouis.com or (314) 621-9593
- The Dubliner: Traditional Euro-style gastropub where fans stop in to watch the “footy” matches over a pint. 1025 Washington Avenue; www.dublinerstl.com or (314) 421-4300
- Mosaic Modern Fusion (pictured): Funky flavors that work: cardamom-and-espresso smoked ribs, basil gelato, mole bread pudding. 1001 Washington Avenue; www.mosaicrestaurants.com or (314) 621-6001
- Rooster: Classic French crêperie, complete with mismatched gilded mirrors and potent espressos. 1104 Locust Street; www.roosterstl.com or (314) 241-8118
- SLeeK: An aptly-named steak house by chef Hubert Keller (of San Francisco’s Fleur de Lys; guest judge on Bravo’s Top Chef). 999 North Second Street; www.fleurdelyssf.com or (314) 621-9590