Savor a relaxing Sunday morning with a stroll along the River Walk to the King William Historic District. Limestone-and-gingerbread mansions built by early German merchants grace quiet, tree-shaded streets. Have a leisurely breakfast with fluffy biscuits and other fresh-baked treats at The Guenther House; (210) 227-1061. In San Antonio, walking isn't just good exercise. It's a whole lot of fun.
San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau: www.sanantoniovisit.com or 1-800-252-6609.
Need a lift?
Take a break for a couple of delicious local specialties.
- Have a cup of The Historic Menger Hotel's famous mango ice cream. The hotel next to The Alamo first served the dessert more than 100 years ago when mango trees were planted in its garden; www.mengerhotel.com or 1-800-345-9285.
- Order an ice-cold frosted mug filled with homemade root beer from a tap at Schilo's deli; (210) 223-6692.
San Antonio Top 10 Hot Spots List
1. Majestic Theatre
2. Sheraton Gunter Hotel
3. Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
4. Aztec on the River
5. Watermark Hotel & Spa
6. Pesca on the River
7. Zuni Grill
8. The Historic Menger Hotel
9. Tower of the Americas / Eyes Over Texas
10. Hotel Contessa
"Salsa Through San Antonio" is from the October 2007 issue of Southern Living. Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.