You have to be really quick to catch up with Rebecca Rather. This always-on-the-go Texan might be on a nationwide tour teaching cooking classes, running a marathon, preparing the menu for a charity dinner, or serving up mighty fine food at her Rather Sweet Bakery & Cafe in Fredericksburg.
Here, Rebecca offers some new recipes, developed just for Southern Living readers. She's packed a picnic, and we're off in a blue pickup truck to a friend's home for fly-fishing, canoeing, and fun and games. This relaxing day by the Pedernales River is topped off with wonderful food.
Make-Ahead Backyard Party
- Cold Marinated Shrimp and Avocados
- Roast Pork Loin With Peach Glaze served with Chunky Peach Chutney
- Green Bean-and-New Potato Salad
- marinated cherry tomatoes served with goat cheese
- Tequila Mojitos
- bakery-bought decorated cookies
Kitchen Assistant Search:
"Make-Ahead Backyard Party" is from the June 2006 issue of Southern Living.