101 Free Things by State
78. Stroll among the prized grapes of the Becker Vineyards in Stonewall; (830) 644-2681.
79. Check out The LBJ Library and Museum in Austin (the only free Presidential library), which highlights the life of President Lyndon Baines Johnson and Lady Bird; (512) 916-5137.
80. Rise to the occasion with a tour of Fort Worth's Mrs. Baird's Bakery. Tours showing how bread is made are held every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; (817) 615-3050.
81. Relive the siege of The Alamo by Santa Anna's army at the state's most revered site in San Antonio; (210) 225-1391.
82. Enjoy the finest art at the Dallas Museum of Art. Exhibits are free every Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. and the first Tuesday of the month; (214) 922-1200.
83. Dip into Brenham, the home of Blue Bell ice cream, for a sweet deal on May 4. There's no charge for admission to the town's Ice Cream Festival; 1-888-273-6426.
84. Marvel at the fine art in Fort Worth's internationally known Kimbell Art Museum; (817) 332-8451.
85. See the film Voices at the Holocaust Museum Houston; (713) 942-8000.
86. Try to conceal your blushing while touring Dallas' Mary Kay Cosmetics corporate offices and museum. There's lots of face paint and pink cars; (972) 687-6300.
87. Squish sand between your toes as you admire the sandcastle-building skills of members of The Sons of the Beach as they compete in South Padre Island Sandcastle Days the third weekend in October; (956) 761-6222.
88. Visit El Paso's historic Spanish missions; 1-800-351-6024.