This stay provides all the fun and sun you deserve, without all the tedious calls, lists, and Internet searching that usually accompany vacation planning. So pack up the car, and drive down to Destin, Florida, to check out Silver Shells Beach Resort & Spa.
Silver Shells looks and feels like a big resort. You check in at the lobby downstairs, there's an on-site restaurant, and you can charge everything to your room. But something is unique here. Each condominium at Silver Shells is individually owned. Why should this matter? Because each unit comes fully decorated by its owners, which means no two residences look the same. There are accommodations as small as a studio that will sleep 2 and as large as a penthouse with 4 rooms that sleeps 12. There are more than 100 condos to choose from, and you can view all of them on the Web site.
In addition to this, the folks here can devise an entire trip of activities for you. The staff can arrange golfing, deep-sea fishing, and spa services. You'll have access to most watersports from the beach. They will even make reservations for you at the resort's eatery, The Grille at Silver Shells.
Pick Your Season
Of course a vacation this perfect does not come free. Pricing is split into seven seasons. The most expensive time to stay is June 26 through August 6, during the peak of summer. A studio rents for $294 and a two bedroom, two bath goes for $428 a night. Rates drop significantly during other times of the year, especially the winter season (November 1 through February 28), when you can score a two bedroom, two bath spread for $187 a night. Inquire about package deals, discounts, and Web site specials for the best bargain.
More Sleep Options
- In case Silver Shells is booked or you're looking for something a bit cheaper, check out some of these Web sites for other lodging options in the area.
- Abbott Resorts: 35000 Emerald Coast Parkway, Destin, FL 32541; (850) 837-9191 or www.abbott-resorts.com.
- The Resorts of Pelican Beach & Conference Center: 1002 U.S. 98 East, Destin, FL 32541; (850) 654-1425 or www.pelican-beach.com.
- Dale E. Peterson Vacations: 321 U.S. 98 East, Destin, FL 32541; (850) 654-4747 or www.destinresorts.com.
- Newman-Dailey Resort Properties: 12815 U.S. 98 West, Suite 100, Destin, FL 32550; (850) 837-1071 or www.destinvacation.com.
This article is from the July 2004 issue of Southern Living. Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.