Live like a Vanderbilt. New activities make it more than just a house tour: Sip wine, ride horses, paddle the waters.
Photography Art Meripol
- Estate admission: $39 (includes admission to Biltmore House,Gardens, Winery, and Farm Village).
- Red Wine and Chocolate Seminar: 4 and 5 p.m. daily; cost included in Estate admission. Sign up at the Winery Welcome Center on the day of your visit.
- Bike pass: $5. If you bring your own bike, you'll still need a pass that includes a map and access to all trails.
- Bike rental: $20 for up to four hours. Rental includes bike pass, helmet, and trail map.
- Guided bike trips: $35 per person, $10 additional for bike rental.
- Carriage rides: $35 per person for a 45-minute ride.
- Horseback rides: $50 per person per hour.
- Float trips down the French Broad River: $25 per person.
- North and South Wing Tours: $15 for each tour.
- Biltmore Estate: toll-free 1-877-324-5866 or www.biltmore.com. ( Editor's Tip: Plan your outdoor activities for the morning and your house tour for the afternoon. The crowds thin considerably after 3 p.m.)