10 Things Every Visitor Must Do
- Take a carriage ride.
- Stroll through The Battery park.
- Explore City Market.
- Eat shrimp and grits. We love Hominy Grill for a homey taste or Anson for something a bit more upscale.
- Walk or bike over the Cooper River Bridge.
- Tour at least one of the Ashley River plantations.
- Be a beach bum. Try Sullivan’s Island or Folly Beach.
- Admire the architecture. The Preservation Society hosts its fall homes and gardens tours from September 25-October 26.
- Learn military history at Patriots Point.
- Eat dessert. We love the coconut cake at Peninsula Grill.
A NOTE TO OUR READERS:
"Return to Charleston" is from the September 2008 issue of Southern Living. Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.