Local Produce around the South
- Western North Carolina Farmers Market; 570 Brevard Road; 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily April-October-, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily November-March; www.agr.state.nc.us/markets/facilities/markets/asheville/index.htm or (828) 253-1691.
- Watauga County Farmers' Market; Horn in the West Drive; morning-noon Wednesday June-September and Saturday May-October; www.wataugacountyfarmersmarket.org.
- Charlotte Regional Farmers Market; Yorkmont Road; 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday March-September, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday October-February, and 12:30 p.m.-6 p.m. Sunday May-August; www.ncagr.com/markets/facilities/markets/charlotte/index.htm or (704) 357-1269.
- Center City Green Market; Seventh and College Streets; 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday May-September; www.centercitygreenmarket.com.
- Davidson Farmer's Market; Next to Town Hall between Main and Jackson Streets; 9a.m.-noon Every Other Saturday November-April; 9a.m. - noon Every Saturday, May-October; davidsonfarmersmarket.org.
- Farmers' Curb Market; 501 Yanceyville Street; 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesday May-December and 6 a.m.-noon Saturday year-round; www.greensboro-nc.gov/departments/Parks/facilities/market or (336) 373-2402.
- State Farmers Market; 1201 Agriculture Street; 5 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday; www.ncdamarkets.org or (919) 733-7417.
- Downtown Farmers Market; Cherry and Sixth Streets; 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday May-October; www.dwsp.org/places_to_go/farmers_market.php or (336) 354-1500.
- Dixie Classic Fairgrounds Farmers Market; 421 West 27th Street; 6 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday; www.dcfair.com or (336) 727-2236.
E-mail us to let us know of more local food markets in your area.