- Featured: Christmas At Mount Vernon, Mount Vernon, November 27-January 6 Celebrate the holidays at George Washington’s estate. mountvernon.org or 703-780-2000
- Featured: Virginia Dare Flotilla For Toys Boat Parade, Moneta, December 5 The Virginia Dare, a re-created paddle wheeler, leads a flotilla of decorated and lighted vessels on
Smith Mountain Lake. Bring along a new toy―the event collects them for the Lake Christian Ministries to give to area children.
vadarecruises.com or 540-297-7100
Holiday Parade At The Beach Virginia Beach, December 5, 757-425-3111
- Featured: Thanksgiving for the Bounty of the Harvest, Bedford, November weekends. The Peaks of Otter Winery invites visitors to sample its latest wines, as well as sweet ciders,
just-picked apples, and fresh jellies and jams. 540-586-3707
- Featured: Montpelier Hunt Races, Orange, November 7. President James Madison’s estate fills with horses and dogs during this day of steeplechase races and
canine agility contests. 540-672-0027
- Featured: Waterfowl Week, Chincoteague Island, November 21-29. Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge is a bird-lover’s paradise, and this week is
the best of the year. Park rangers lead tours to see some of the species that live here. 757-336-6161
Foods & Feasts of Colonial Virginia, Williamsburg and Yorktown, Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center, November 26-28. 888-593-4682
Studio & Vineyard Tour, November 27-29. The Eastern Shore.