- Featured: Victorian Christmas, Thomasville, December 10-11 Carriages and carolers throughout downtown. thomasvillega.com or 866-577-3600
- Featured: Christmas In The Mountains, Cleveland, December 5 Start with the Santa look-alike contest and gingerbread house competition, and end with the Lighted
Christmas Parade in downtown Cleveland. clevelandbetterhometown.org or 706-969-3336
- Featured: Ducks On Holiday, Savannah, December 27 Work off that second helping of Christmas turkey by getting acquainted with some ducks. More than
15 species of the migrating waterfowl winter at the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge, and naturalists from the Wilderness
Southeast organization offer guided tours to the wintering grounds. wilderness-southeast.org or 912-236-8115
Children’s Christmas Parade Atlanta, December 5 choa.org
Antebellum Christmas at the Old Governor’s Mansion Milledgeville, Old Governor’s Mansion, Dec. 5-23. 478-445-4545.
Christmas Home Tour by Stone Mountain Women’s Club Stone Mountain, Dec. 12. 770-822-9947.
Avondale Estates Christmas Tour of Homes Avondale Estates, Dec. 13. avondaletourofhomes.com or 404-299-9021.
The Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run Savannah, Dec. 5. savannahriverbridgerun.com or 912-355-3527.
A Palmetto, Georgia, Cultural Arts Event: 2009 Fantasy Forest, a Festival of Christmas Trees Palmetto, Nov. 30-Dec. 13. palmettofantasyforest.com or (770) 463-6336.
- Featured: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Athens, November 5. A different kind of music scene for this college town: Conductor Robert Spano and the ASO head east
to Athens for the night.
- Featured: The Royal Alpaca Challenge, Conyers, November 21-22. Meet alpacas up close at the Georgia International Horse Park. 706-897-2379
- Featured: Ellijay Holiday Scavenger Hunt, Ellijay, November 27-December 20. Explore this mountain town in a “Twelve Days of Christmas”-themed search for treasures.
Holiday Road, Clayton, Northeast Georgia Arts Tour, November 13-15. 706-754-5989
Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival, Thomasville, November 21-22.