Tens of thousands flock to High Point each year for the incredible deals. You can barely turn around without bumping into a furniture mall or specialty store. Consider our suggestions to make the most of your experience.
Furnitureland South's campus, with more than 1 million square feet of showroom space, isn't for the faint of feet. The advantage here is endless options. But don't worry, you're assigned a consultant to guide you through the huge complex.
We also like the selection of traditional pieces at Boyles Furniture. They have their own shipping company that will deliver nationwide.
To get the best deals, keep an eye on the months that precede and follow the High Point Market in March and October. Stores will be shuffling out their goods, and that often translates to even bigger savings.
For More Info
- Furnitureland South: www.furniturelandsouth.com or (336) 822-3000.
- Boyles Furniture: www.boyles.com or (336) 812-2200.
What To Know Before You Go
Prep work pays off, saving time and energy. Research these things before you take your first step inside the store.
- What your style is: Look in your closet, because your clothes say a lot about your style. Pages torn out of magazines also help.
- What you want to furnish: Bring house plans, specific room dimensions, room photos, and a tape measure.
- What you want to match: Bring fabric and paint swatches and flooring samples from your home.
- What you want to think about: Bring a camera and notebook, so you can remember what you've found.
Pick Up Your Passport
Consider the High Point Convention and Visitors Bureau Passport Program. If you enroll and stay at one of the 11 participating hotels, you'll receive a booklet with sizable discounts at area furniture stores, restaurants, and local attractions. For more information visit www.highpoint.org, or call 1-800-720-5255.
"Shopping in High Point" is from the November 2006 issue of Southern Living. Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.