- The 411: This is hands-on history. The museum features a new film and gallery exhibits, re-creations of circa-1610 James Fort, a Powhatan Indian village, three English ships, and a riverfront discover area.
- What's new: Virginia Indian, English, and African cultures came together first at Jamestown. A 30,000-square-foot gallery traces their paths.
- Don't miss: Climb aboard Godspeed, Discovery, and Susan Constant, replicas of the ships that brought the settlers to Virginia. Costumed interpreters will help you imagine the trip.
- "Wow" factor: Explore new, full-size replicas of the Godspeed and Discovery.
- For kids: You can get your hands dirty here. Help make a dugout canoe, plant a garden, or grind corn.
- Price: $13.50 adults, $6.25 ages 6-12.