Where to Stay
- Steps from Hitchcock Woods’ Memorial Gate, The Willcox hotel (pictured) is Aiken’s unofficial great room for the horse crowd. Go on Tuesday nights for piano tunes and cocktails. Rates at The Willcox begin at $185.
- For the more budget minded, you'd do well to stay at Hotel Aiken, set in the heart of town at 235 Richland Avenue; for more information call 1-803-648-4265. Most downtown shops and restaurants are a block or two away.
- For breakfast, try The New Moon Café, 116 Laurens Street.
- Just off Laurens Street, you'll find local favorite, The West Side Bowery at 151 Bee Lane.
- Hungry as a horse? Gallop over to Aiken Brewing Company Grill and Bar, at 140 Laurens Street SW. Indulge yourself with one of the specialty brews.
Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.