Photography by Mary Margaret Chambliss
101 Free Things by State
28. Learn about his dream at the Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site and the Center for Nonviolent Social Change in Atlanta; (404) 331-5190.
29. Brush up on your Chattahoochee knowledge with a visit to the Columbus Museum, the second-largest museum in the state; (706) 649-0713.
30. Sing along with one of the live bands at Atlanta's On the Bricks, an outdoor music bash, on Friday nights during the summer; (404) 215-3248.
31. Catch the luck o' the Irish at Savannah's St. Patrick's Day Parade, which dates to 1824; (912) 233-4804.
32. Spy alligators and turtles and owls at the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge; (912) 652-4415.
33. Get spooked the Saturday before Halloween in Roswell's Old Mill Park, where storytellers share ghost stories; 1-800-776-7935.
34. Watch classic flicks on a huge screen under the summer stars at Screen-on-the-Green at Piedmont Park in Atlanta; toll free 1-877-262-5866.