Nashville Contact Information
Katy K's Ranch Dressing: www.katyk.com or (615) 297-4242
Tootsies Orchid Lounge: www.tootsies.net or (615 726-0463
Robert's Western World: www.robertswesternworld.com or (615) 244-9552
Station Inn: www.stationinn.com or (615) 255-3307
Schermerhorn Symphony Center: www.nashvillesymphony.org or (615) 687-6400
NashTrash Tours: www.nashtrash.com or 1-800-342-2132
The Art House: www.thearthousenashville.com or (615) 383-9119
Where To Stay in Nashville
- The Hilton Nashville Downtown (www.nashvillehilton.com or (615) 620-1000) has the best location: across from the Schermerhorn and just one block from Broadway and other attractions. Rates range $159-$359.
- For a self-pampering splurge, split a room at The Hermitage Hotel (www.thehermitagehotel.com or 1-888-888-9414), the only five-diamond hotel in the region. Rates range $260-$2,000 for the Presidential Suite.
- Union Station, A Wyndham Historic Hotel (www.unionstationhotelnashville.com or (615) 726-1001), recently completed a $10-million renovation, returning the hotel to its original elegance and grandeur. If you don't mind the occasional train whistle, this makes a memorable place to stay. Rates range $129-$259.
Blowing Rock Contact Information
Neaco: www.neaco.com or 1-877-336-3226
The Bob Timberlake Gallery: www.bobtimberlake.com or (828) 295-4855
de Provence et d'ailleurs: (828) 295-9989
The Village Café: www.thevillagecafe.com or (828) 295-3769
Westglow Resort & Spa: www.westglow.com or 1-800-562-0807
Storie Street Grille: www.storiestreetgrille.com or (828) 295-7075
Blowing Rock Market & Wine Shop: www.blowingrockmarket.com or (828) 295-7373
- New Orleans: Book a couple of rooms at the posh Ritz-Carlton or Windsor Court in the French Quarter. Rates are really low in August. www.neworleansonline.com.
- Miami: Take advantage of dining in style. August and September are designated Miami Spice Restaurant Month. Enjoy savings of as much as 75% at many of the city's finest eateries. www.ilovemiamispice.com or www.miamirestaurantmonth.com.
- Seaworthy: You don't have to head to Florida to take a cruise these days. Ships depart from ports around the South. Book passage to the Bahamas or the Caribbean from Galveston, Baltimore, or Mobile, and dance the nights away en route. www.cruise.com.
- Book It: Pick up a copy of 50 Best Girlfriends Getaways in North America by Marybeth Bond ($15.95). It's chock-full of great escape
suggestions, be ye beach girls, mountain mamas, or shoppers extraordinaire. www.nationalgeographic.com/books.
"Get Away With the Girls" is from the August 2007 issue of Southern Living. Because prices, dates, and other specifics are subject to change, please check all information to make sure it's still current before making your travel plans.