Being the designated vacation planner for my family of seven and a curious wanderer that is constantly scheming the next vacation or getaway to share on my blog, LCB Style, I am always making lists of reasons to visit new places and convincing my family of our next destination. Today, I am excited to share one of my lists with you- 7 reasons Sea Island should absolutely positively be your next getaway (a place that truly needs no convincing to visit)!
1. The Location: Sea Island is the most beautiful and charming island located on the coast of southeastern Georgia. Before even crossing the bridge onto the island, you will fall in love with this area of the country. The giant oak trees draping over the roads with the sun beaming through the Spanish moss combined with the history and southern ambiance of the terrain will put your mind at ease and in vacation mode before you even step foot onto the Sea Island property.
- Florida's Sanibel Island: What to See, Do and Eat
- 9 Photos of the South’s Best Island Getaways
- Five Reasons To Visit Jekyll Island
Related: 10 Best Weekend Getaways
2. The Service: As soon as you cross onto Sea Island, you wil l be spoiled by nearly every member of the Sea Island team. From the bellman that opens your car door, greets you by name, hands you a water, and points you in the direction of check-in; to the helpful butler that not only puts away all of your bags and belongings but also asks if he can organize them for you; to the housekeeper that insists upon refilling your bucket with fresh ice and prepares your room for bedtime by placing the essentials: water, chocolate, and green velvet slippers, at your bedside night after night; I promise you will feel like royalty from the moment you step on the island to the minute you leave. If there is anything you need, the Sea Island staff will happily make it happen.
3. The Spa: I am not sure there are words that can accurately describe the heavenly oasis that is the Sea Island Spa. I have never experienced a more relaxing, enchanting, and beautiful place. Again, the service from beginning to end is first-class, and the setting makes it all the more enjoyable. Something unique about the Sea Island Spa is that it not only has one relaxation area but numerous gorgeous spots to sip your tea, breathe deep, and let go- the atrium, the individual women’s/men’s relaxation areas, and the aquatic center. Each is more divine than the next and your only worry will be, “How long do I have here?”
4. Endless Activities: Whether you are taking time off to simply sit back and relax or you are looking for a more upbeat, active vacation, Sea Island truly has an activity for everyone. With three golf courses, five miles of private beach, several pools throughout the property, fitness center, tennis center, yacht club, shooting school, and so much more, there are endless ways to spend your day at Sea Island.
5. The Beach Club: The Sea Island Beach Club could almost be a resort entirely of its own. With 5 miles of private beach, three sprawling pools, numerous watersports, poolside service, and three dining options, it is a beachside heaven. Whether you prefer lounging by the pool, long walks on the beach, or devouring the freshest seafood, the Beach Club is the place for you. The beautiful landscaping, bright flowers, and towering palm trees waving in the ocean breeze make the Beach Club one of the happiest places on Sea Island.
6. The Food: It is impossible to have a “bad meal” at Sea Island. The resort boasts over a dozen dining options throughout the property ranging from casual to fine dining. There is a flavor for everyone! My absolute favorite is Tavola, Sea Island’s Italian restaurant. Their pasta is to die for!
You might also be interested in:
7. One of a Kind Shopping: What’s a vacation without a little shopping? Sea Island has many shops of its own on the property, but my favorite store in the area (and one of my favorite stores in the South) is the Tibi Outlet on neighboring St. Simons Island. The Tibi Outlet itself is worth the trip to Sea Island, but having an amazing shopping experience and the luxury of Sea Island within a couple miles of each other is unbeatable. Amy Smilovic, the founder and designer of the worldwide fashion label, grew up on St. Simons Island, and St. Simons is still home to one of only two Tibi boutiques in the world (the other is in NYC). The exquisitely designed store instantly transports you to a world full of the chicest fashion, and you can find Tibi’s newest arrivals, past seasons’ discounted designs, as well as one of a kind runway samples all in one store. It is a must stop shop for sure!