- Featured: Tis The Season Demonstrations, Winterthur, December 1, 8, 15, and 22, Pick up decorating ideas as Winterthur experts lead classes on holiday skills such as using dried flowers in decorations and setting the perfect table. winterthur.org or 800-448-3883
- Featured: Winterfest, Newark, December 4, The University of Delaware joins forces with the Newark Downtown Partnership to put on this holiday celebration. The event starts with the annual Reindeer Run, a 10K fun-run that benefits the Delaware Special Olympics. cityofnewarkde.us or 302-366-7060
- Featured: The Spirit Of Christmas, New Castle, December 12, The historic town’s museums, churches, and shops celebrate with an old-fashioned Christmas. newcastlepreschurch.org or 302-322-2794
- Featured: Punkin’ Chunkin’ Festival, Bridgeville, November 6-8. It’s inexplicably alluring: Contestants from around the world gather in a field near Bridgeville to shoot pumpkins out of cannons and throw them from catapults.
- Featured: Independent Film Festival, Rehoboth Beach, November 11-15. Nearly 100 new films take to the screen during this five-day movie festival. 302-645-9095
Featured: Dover Wine and Music Festival, Dover, November 13-14. Vineyards from around the Mid-Atlantic area uncork bottles to the sounds of doo-wop tunes. 800-711-5882