22. Big Ed's, Raleigh, NC; (919) 836-9909. Pancakes, syrup, and country ham are cheap and authentic at this down-home eatery.
23. Loveless Motel & Cafe, Nashville, TN; (615) 646-9700 or www.lovelesscafe.com. Biscuits and gravy good enough to sing about.
24. Bottletree Bakery, Oxford, MS; (662) 236-5000. Delicious ginger scones and sausage biscuits.
25. Eastern Market (South Hall), Washington, D.C.; (202) 547-8444 or www.easternmarket.net. Blue Bucks (blueberry-buckwheat pancakes) keep the crowds coming.
26. Flapjacks Pancake Cabin, Sevierville, TN; (865) 774-5374. Delicious pecan pancakes.
27. The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, WV; 1-800-624-6070 or www.greenbrier.com. Scottish-style poached fish in milk and chicken broth is a unique treat.
28. Hominy Grill, Charleston, SC; (843) 937-0930. Homemade banana or pumpkin ginger bread.
29. The Jefferson Hotel, Richmond, VA; (804) 788-8000 or www.jefferson-hotel.com. The Sunday brunch buffet is worth every delicious calorie.
30. Lighthouse Café, Sanibel Island, FL; (239) 472-0303 or www.lighthousecafe.com. The seafood frittata delights locals.
31. Mallys Bagels 'n' Grits, Augusta, GA; (706) 736-0770. Garlic-cheese grits and loaded bagels at the place where "The North meets the South in perfect hominy."
32. Murphy's, Atlanta, GA; (404) 872-0904 or www.murphysvh.com. Delightful Eggs San Francisco comes with fresh spinach and is served on focaccia.
33. Pancake Pantry, Nashville, TN; (615) 383-9333. Sweet potato pancakes with cinnamon-cream syrup.
34. Queenie's, Tulsa, OK; (918) 749-3481. Locals love the basic breakfast of bacon, eggs, homemade muffins, and great coffee.
35. Woodlands Grill, Barnsley Gardens Resort, Adairsville, GA; toll free 1-877-773-2447 or www.barnsleyinn.com. The eggs Benedict is as satisfying as the setting.