136. Dilworth's Tamales Shop, Corinth, MS; (662) 665-0833. Tamales here have reached legendary status.
137. El Azteca, Austin, TX; (512) 477-4701. Everyone packs this place for cabrito--barbecued goat.
138. El Taco Veloz, Atlanta, GA; (770) 936-9094. Enjoy the soft tacos with carnitas (little chunks of fried pork).
139. Fonda San Miguel, Austin, TX; (512) 459-4121. Order the Camarones en Salsa Verde (shrimp in spicy sauce).
140. L & J Café, El Paso, TX; (915) 566-8418. Green enchiladas reign supreme in this institution by the graveyard.
141. Mexico Joe's, Stillwater, OK; (405) 372-1169. Go for the flautas and made-fresh-daily salsa.
142. Mi Cocina, Dallas, TX; (214) 521-6426. Mama's Chicken Tacos come with melted cheese and fresh avocado.
143. Pedro's Tamales, Lubbock, TX; (806) 745-9531 or www.pedrostamales.com. Sirloin steak in a husk can be ordered at the drive-through.
144. Fat Mama's Tamales, Natchez, MS; (601) 442-4548. Get two dozen and plenty of napkins to go.
145. Reata, Fort Worth, TX; (817) 336-1009. Try the tenderloin tamale topped with pecan-pesto mash and sun-dried tomato cream sauce.
146. Rosario's, San Antonio, TX; (210) 223-1806. Cheese enchiladas served up in a hip atmosphere.
147. Walker's Drive-In, Jackson, MS; (601) 982-2633. A tamale kicked up 20 notches or so.
You shouldn't have to look much farther than your own neighborhood for most of these items.
148. Goo Goo Cluster, Nashville, TN; 1-800-226-4340 or www.googoo.com. For a cool treat on on a hot summer's night, enjoy one straight from the fridge.
149. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Winston-Salem, NC; 1-800-457-4779 or www.krispykreme.com. You know when to stop: "Hot Now!"
150. MoonPie, Chattanooga, TN; www.moonpie.com. Try a chocolate one after microwaving it for 10 seconds.
151. Slim Jim; www.slimjim.com. The original-flavor meat stick is great for a long road trip.
152. Texas Pete Hot Sauce, Winston-Salem, NC; www.texaspete.com. Flavor and taste with a zip of hot.
153. Zapp's Potato Chips, Gramercy, LA; 1-800-468-2447 or www.zapps.com. The Cajun Crawtaters bring a spice reminiscent of New Orleans.