1. Get a closer look at the four beautiful 18th-century Spanish churches that grace San Antonio's Mission Trail.
2. A U.S. Capitol tour seems only fitting for a trip to Washington, D.C., and is completely free of charge.
3. See where the famed Tuskegee Airmen trained to fly and fight during World War II at the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site.
4. Visit the site of the largest battle of the Revolutionary War's Southern Campaign at the Guilford Courthouse National Military Park in North Carolina.
5. The Martin Luther King, Jr., National Historic Site includes a number of facilities in Atlanta such as the Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church and The King Center.
6. Stand where Gen. Andrew Jackson did when he defeated the Creek Indians in 1814 at Horseshoe Bend National Military Park in Alabama.
7. See where abolitionists Thomas Garrett and John Hunn stood trial before the Federal Court in the New Castle Court House Museum in Delaware for violating the Fugitive Slave Act of 1793.
8. Visit The Alamo in San Antonio, the site of a pivotal battle in the Texas Revolution.