9. Every night at 6 p.m., The Kennedy Center offers free concerts at the Millenium Center Stage in Washington, D.C.
10. With a dozen world-class shows a night, the 600 block of Frenchmen Street is the song and soul of New Orleans.
11. Head to Virginia Beach for oceanfront entertainment this summer as part of Beach Street USA.
12. On Thursday nights this summer, watch a free concert at Furman University in South Carolina as part of their Music by the Lake series.
13. If you're in Kansas City stop by The Lounge for free live jazz.
14. One of the best places to hear live bands has to be Nashville's downtown. Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, an iconic cubbyhole on Broadway, has no cover charge.
15. Spend your Labor Day weekend on Beale Street at the Memphis Music and Heritage Festival.