• Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
• Prepare pie crust. If choosing to use a frozen crust, be sure it is completely thawed per package instructions. If you are using a refrigerated pie crust/dough prepare in a 9-inch glass or metal pie pan and set aside. Follow any package instructions for pre-cooking or pre-baking.
• Cook bacon slices in a medium pan on medium-high heat until crisp. Pat bacon dry with a paper towel and crumble. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and milk and mix well until thoroughly blended.
• Combine shredded cheese, chopped onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
• Pour egg mixture into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
NOTES AND SUGGESTIONS:
To prevent the pie crust from over-baking, cover edges with foil approximately 20 minutes into baking time.