Our Best Barbecue Side DishesFrom potato salad to hush puppies, prepare these delicious dishes.
Reese's Cake Recipe
3 Hours, 5 Minutes
Makes 1 cake
This incredible addition to our family of Bundt cakes will have family and friends anxious for that first bite. Centered by a peanut butter-cream cheese filling, this super moist chocolate cake is then dressed with two flavorful glazes.
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15.25-oz.) box chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients needed to prepare cake mixes, replacing water with whole milk
- 1 (3.9-oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cup chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (not all-natural)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
How to Make
Prepare Peanut Butter Filling: Beat peanut butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar until well blended. Beat in cream and egg until smooth.
Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (with shortening) a 10-inch (14-cup) Bundt pan and dust with cocoa powder, tapping out excess. Combine sour cream, oil, milk, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl; beat on low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add cake mix and pudding mix; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in peanut butter cups. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Spoon peanut butter filling evenly onto center of batter. (Do not let filling touch the sides of pan.) Pour remaining batter over filling. Tap pan gently on counter to remove air bubbles.
Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Prepare Peanut Butter Glaze: Whisk together peanut butter and milk in a small bowl until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar until blended. Spoon glaze over cake. Refrigerate uncovered until glaze is set, about 15 minutes.
Prepare Chocolate Glaze: Place chocolate morsels in a small bowl. Bring cream, peanut butter, and corn syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour over chocolate morsels; let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Spoon over cake and Peanut Butter Glaze. Refrigerate uncovered 10 minutes or until glaze is almost set. Garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.