Pico de Gallo Pizzas Recipe
Fans of thin-crust pizza will love these ultra crisp personal pizzas made with flour tortillas—no dough rolling needed! These pizzas couldn’t be easier to make with store-bought pico de gallo, but we also included a recipe for a homemade salsa that takes minutes to assemble. All you need is 30 minutes to let the salsa stand so the tomatoes can release their juices and the flavors can meld. Once the salsa is ready, crisp up the tortillas in the oven, top with salsa and cheese, then brown until the crust is golden and crisp and the cheese is melted and bubbling. We recommend a creamy Mexican melting cheese like queso Chihuahua but you can also use Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese. Top each pizza with chopped cilantro for an extra dose of freshness and slice into quarters before serving. Pico de Gallo Pizzas make a great light dinner or a fun appetizer with drinks.
- 2 (8-oz.) tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 jalapeño chiles, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 Tbsp. roughly chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 ounces queso Chihuahua or other Mexican melting cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
How to Make
Stir together tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, lime juice, salt, 1/2 cup of the cilantro, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Place tortillas in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets, and brush with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Using a slotted spoon, divide tomato mixture evenly among tortillas, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake in preheated oven until tortillas are crisp and browned, 13 to 15 minutes, switching baking sheets top rack to bottom rack halfway through baking time. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro, and serve immediately.