Mini Meatloaves with Potatoes, Leeks, and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Full of savory ground beef and vegetables and topped with a tangy soy-ketchup glaze, these mini meatloaves bake up tender and delicious along roasted red potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and leeks. This hearty dinner comes together in an hour with only 15 minutes of hands-on cooking time. Save even more prep time and prepare the meatloaf mixture one day in advance. You can store it, covered, in the refrigerator until you’re ready to form the meatloaves. The whole family will sitting down to their very own little meatloaf—and you’ll love that this entire meal cooks on a single sheet pan, making clean up a breeze.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic (about 2 garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 leek, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces mild ground pork sausage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot (from 1 carrot)
- 1/4 cup grated yellow onion (from 1 onion)
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf
How to Make
Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk together oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper in a large bowl. Add Brussels sprouts, leek, and red potatoes, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables on a lightly greased, aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake vegetables in preheated oven 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine beef, sausage, carrot, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix gently just until combined. Shape into 4 (2- x 3-inch) loaves. Remove pan from oven, push vegetables to 1 side, and carefully place meatloaves on pan. Return pan to oven, and bake until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
Whisk together ketchup and soy sauce in a small bowl. Spread over meatloaves. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil until sauce begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Divide meatloaves and vegetables evenly among 4 plates. Sprinkle with parsley.