Red Velvet Hot ChocolateWith a sweet cream cheese "frosting" and chopped milk chocolate, this take on red velvet cake will knock the socks off your guests.
Candy Corn Cake Recipe
1 Hour, 40 Minutes
Makes 1 cake
Convenient box mixes help make this fun-but-impressive dessert a winner at your Halloween gathering. You can make the cake layers ahead of time and freeze them until you are ready to assemble the cake.
- 1 (8.25-oz.) package neon yellow cake mix (such as Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 (8.25-oz.) package package orange cake mix (such as Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 (15.25-oz.) box white cake mix
- Ingredients needed to prepare cake mixes, replacing water with whole milk
- 1 (15.6-oz.) container neon yellow vanilla-flavored frosting (such as Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 (15.6-oz.) container orange vanilla-flavored frosting (such as Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 1 (16-oz.) container white vanilla-flavored frosting
- Candy Corn
How to Make
Prepare the Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease (with shortening) and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans, tapping out excess.
Prepare each cake mix separately according to package directions, replacing water with whole milk and adding 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon almond extract to each batter. Pour yellow batter into one prepared pan and pour orange batter into a second pan. Pour half of white batter into third pan; discard remaining white batter or bake separately for another use.
Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Assemble Cake: Place yellow cake layer on a serving plate. Frost top and sides of yellow layer with yellow frosting; sprinkle with half of chopped candy corn. Top yellow cake layer with orange cake layer. Frost top and sides of orange cake layer with orange frosting; sprinkle with remaining chopped candy corn. Top orange cake layer with white cake layer. Frost top and sides of white cake layer with white frosting. Discard any excess frosting or reserve for another use. Garnish cake with candy corn as desired.