Our Best Barbecue Side DishesFrom potato salad to hush puppies, prepare these delicious dishes.
An underused group of flowering perennials from eastern Asia. Easy to grow and colorful over a long season from summer into fall. Flowers resemble asters. Thrive in heat and humidity. Shear to encourage rebloom.
- Mound-forming perennial 1112 feet high and about as wide.
- Light blue, daisylike flowers with yellow centers are 1 inches across.
- Oblong, bright green leaves are 34 inches long.
- Blue Star has brighter blue petals.
- Edo Murasaki has darker purple petals.
kalimeris integrifolia 'Daisy Mae
- Clear white, 1 inches blooms with greenish yellow centers.
- Grows 2 feet high and wide.
- Perennial similar to Boltonia asteroides.
- White, 1 inches flowers resembling small chrysanthemums are borne by the hundreds all summer, forming a cloud over the foliage.
- Blossoms may be tinged pink or blue, have creamy yellow centers.
- The oval, pointed leaves are rich green.
- A basal rosette is formed by 3 inches-long leaves that are heavily serrated.
- Leaves on upper stems are only 1 inches long and usually have smooth edges.
- Grows to 24ft.
- tall, 2 feet wide; spreads slowly.