Our Best Barbecue Side DishesFrom potato salad to hush puppies, prepare these delicious dishes.
These sturdy, adaptable ferns are so undemanding, they have naturalized in parts of the South. Not browsed by deer.
- Zones MS, LS, CS, TS; USDA 7-11.
- From Asia, South Africa, Polynesia.
- Coarse-textured but handsome evergreen fern to at least 1-2 feet tall, somewhat wider.
- Large, leathery, glossy, dark green fronds.
- Beautiful when used as a solid border or massed with other broad-leafed evergreens beneath the canopies of tall trees.
- Provide good soil; take care not to plant too deeply.
- Protect from wind.
- Can be brought indoors; give bright indirect light.
- Rochfordianum has fringed leaflets.
- Zones US, MS, LS, CS; USDA 6-9.
- This evergreen fern from eastern Asia is more cold hardy than the more familiar Cyrtomium falcatum but similar in size and texture.