Newsroom: BBQ on Tour 2009 Hits The Road
SOUTHERN LIVING BBQ ON TOUR 2009 HITS THE ROAD
Free Cooking Demonstrations, Food Sampling and More Featured at Each Stop
Birmingham, Ala. – The Southern Living BBQ on Tour is on the road again, providing visitors free cooking demonstrations, food sampling, and delicious recipes to try in their own kitchen.
“We’ve changed up a few things on the tour this year,” said Southern Living Programs Director Krislin Smith. “While Troy Black will be offering his fabulous grilling tips, we will also be featuring unique and different recipes we think our readers are going to love. For example the Tri-Tip Roast with Green Peppercorn Sauce, is not your typical backyard BBQ, it’s an updated twist that tastes as fabulous as it sounds, and the Layered BBQ Salad with Grilled Hot Dogs is as easy as it is attractive.”
Southern Living BBQ On Tour stops:
- April 23 – 25, Buc Days, Corpus Christi, TX
- May 8 – 9, International BBQ Festival, Owensboro, KY
- May 15 – 16, Bloomin’ BBQ & Bluegrass, Sevierville, TN
- June 19 – 20, Colorado BBQ Challenge, Frisco, CO
- June 27 – 28, Safeway National Capital BBQ Battle, Washington, DC
- July 2 – 5, Naperville Exchange Club’s Ribfest, Naperville, IL
- Sept. 2 – 7, Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off, Reno, NV
- Sept. 25 – 26, 10th Annual Bikes, Blues & BBQ, Fayetteville, AR
- Oct. 24, Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue, Lynchburg, TN
- Nov. 13-15, Northeast Exchange Club’s Ribfest, St. Petersburg, FL
For the recipes mentioned above and complete tour information, visit www.SouthernLivingBBQonTour.com.
This Year’s Sponsors:
Sponsors for the 2009 Southern Living BBQ on Tour include: Glory Foods®, Gain laundry detergent and fabric softener, Lea & Perrins, Lay’s Potato Chips, Oscar Mayer Premium Beef Franks, and The Beef Checkoff Program.
About Troy Black
As a native of Athens, Ala., Troy Black grew up around some of the country’s best barbecue. Having competed on the KCBS circuit since 2003, few teams can claim the immediate success that Troy has enjoyed. He consistently finishes in the Top 10, and has been featured on The Food Network, The Travel Channel, and numerous other national television and radio shows. His awards to date include four state barbecue championships, 120 Top 10 awards, competing in the American Royal Invitational barbecue Contest (world’s largest), and the prestigious Jack Daniel’s World Invitational barbeque Championship. In addition, this past year, Troy’s ribs finished second place and his pork eighth place in the KCBS year-end national rankings out of hundreds of teams.
About Southern Living
Southern Living, the premier lifestyle and entertaining magazine of the South, reaches more than 16 million readers each month and enjoys a circulation of 2.8 million. It is published by a subsidiary of Birmingham, Alabama-based Southern Progress Corporation.