Etching will leave an artful design on your pumpkin. The technique allows your pumpkin to last longer and is less messy than traditional carving.
1. Print out template. Reduce or enlarge as needed.
2. Trim the pattern, leaving a ½-inch border around the design. Tape the pattern to your pumpkin.
3. Use a non-serrated paring knife to pierce through the paper and cut along the outlines of the pattern.
4. Remove the paper. Cut deeper along the outlines if necessary.
5. Peel the skin inside the pattern off with the paring knife.