Hit the trail now for a refreshing change of pace. Whether you go for an afternoon stroll or an all-day hike, let the rich blue skies, awesome foliage, and sweet fall air energize you.
Keep on Trekking
Footpaths come in all sizes, types, and levels of difficulty--some lead to great vistas while others follow meandering streams. Whether tucked in an urban setting or deep within a national forest, these trails can power up your fitness routine in a number of ways.
- Scenic walkways provide an ever-changing setting to stave off workout boredom.
- Wearing a backpack on longer excursions burns extra calories.
- Hiking or walking on hills helps build stamina and muscles, both good for your heart.
- Urban paths inspire people to get moving in a comfortable setting without concern for traffic.
- Looking at beautiful scenery can take your mind off the physical exertion.
Above all, walking on trails offers more than a pathway to fitness. It opens up a world of sensory pleasure and an appreciation for the environment.
Tips To Remember
- Stay on the trail for safety’s sake.
- Bring water for longer hikes. All-day backpackers need at least 2 to 3 quarts.
- Check the forecast, and dress in layers for fickle fall weather.
- Stretch gently before and after hiking.