Sentimental First Dance Wedding Songs
Make a departure from the expected with our list of get-your-groove-on song options, all by Southern artists.
These first dance wedding songs were chosen by Scott Register, native of Birmingham and host of the popular radio show Reg’s Coffee House (heard each Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on bhammountainradio.com). You can also enjoy Reg’s musical picks on his weekday show, The Morning Blend.
First Dance Wedding Songs by Southern Artists
Click on the song titles to preview on iTunes.
- “Sinking Wishes” by Matthew Perryman Jones (Nashville) from Throwing Punches In the Dark
- “No One Has To Know” by Eliot Morris (Mobile, AL/Memphis) from What’s Mine Is Yours
- “Now That I Found You” by Paul McDonald (feat. Nikki Reed) (Nashville, TN) Single
- “Sweeter Than This” by Katie Herzig (Nashville) from Weightless
- “Lovers’ Waltz” by A.A. Bondy (Birmingham) from American Hearts
- “Wedding Day” by Alejandro Escovedo (Austin, TX) from A Man Under the Influence
- “Such Great Heights” by Iron and Wine (Chapin, SC) from Around the Well
- “My Love Is With You All The Time” by Jon Black (Birmingham) from The Wrecking Ball
- “The Friend Song” by Drivin’ N’ Cryin’ (Atlanta) from Whisper Tames The Lion
- “You Dance” by eastmountainsouth (Birmingham/Roanoke, VA) from Eastmountainsouth
First Dance Wedding Songs by Artists North of the Mason-Dixon Line