Light-and-Flavorful Backyard Feast
Share these good-for-you recipes atyour next family gathering.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- Vidalia Onion Barbecue Sauce
- Grilled Summer Veggies
- Succotash Salad
- Fresh Peach-Basil Vinaigrette
Take supper outside with a delicious menu that promises great tastes and easy prep for any casual get-together. You won't miss the fat or the calories in these scrumptious recipes. We've even given you a luscious treat for dessert--low-fat Cheesecake Tarts. They offer the richness of regular cheesecake in every lightened bite. Slices of fresh fruit on top provide extra goodness.
- Introducing a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables to children at an early age promotes healthful eating habits later in life.
- Kids who play outside regularly are less likely to become overweight adults.
"Light-and-Flavorful Backyard Feast" is from the June 2007 issue of Southern Living.