Goodness From the Grill
Share a hearty (but not heavy) meal with family anytime.
Steak-and-Potatoes Menu (Serves 6)
- Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Creamy Basil Vinaigrette
- Green Beans With Bacon
- Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars
- Cinnamon-Pecan Crispy Bars
Cooler weather invites you to get out and grill. Entice everyone to the table with lean Spice-Rubbed Flank Steak and Green Beans With Bacon. Add a side of power-packed Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Creamy Basil Vinaigrette.
You can even prepare some of these great-tasting recipes in advance, which makes this menu practical enough to serve at any weeknight or weekend gathering. Don't forget dessert: Whole Grain Marshmallow Crispy Bars are sweetly nutritious.
"Goodness From the Grill" is from the October 2007 issue of Southern Living
- Grilling is a tasty and heart-healthy cooking method because you don't add fat to boost flavor.
- Sweet potatoes have anti-inflammatory effects and can help reduce the severity of osteoarthritis and asthma.