Have you ever been to a Hobby Lobby, the world’s largest privately owned craft store? It is a Pinterest wonderland! This Oklahoma born company is located in 47 states and has everything from framing to floral to furniture and fabric and there’s always a sale going on. In fact, weekly sales are the walking dog at Hobby Lobby. My friend, Amanda Sasser, is a Hobby Lobby aficionado and has shared some of her favorite things about this store in addition to her insider tips.
1. Use the 40% Coupon
This coupon is good on one single item per day and the same coupon can be used the other 5 days of that week, too. The 40% coupon is good for one week and Hobby Lobby makes it easy to get. You can print it out from the website or download the Hobby Lobby app and show the coupon from your smart phone. Rule of thumb: Furniture is always 30% off so you can’t use the daily 40% coupon on top of the already marked down price. However, you can use the 40% off coupon off the original price so at least you’ll be saving another 10%.
Amanda’s tip: Download the app! If the item you're searching for isn't on sale - two clicks in the phone app will give you a 40% coupon code. The app is also a great way to check the sales ad and buy online. In addition, you can use a 40% coupon on an item that's in the weekly ad for 30% off. You just can't combine the offers.
2. Look for Weekly Sales Ads
Every week there are new sales throughout the store. Fliers are located at the front of the store, in newspaper circulars, on the website, and on the app. You can find discounts anywhere from 30-50% off on things such as ribbon, soap making supplies, scrapbooking, picture frames, party supplies, custom framing, lamps, and more. Sign up for the weekly email to learn about upcoming sale items.
Amanda’s tip: If the item you need is not on sale, it will be next week. There is a two week rotation on virtually every department, but some things rarely go on-sale, like cake decorating items and kid's crafts.
3. Shop for Furniture and Home Décor
Don’t have time to go to Waco but love the Chip & Joanna look? Hobby Lobby has many similar items from rustic side tables and chairs to metal pipe shelving, and enormous wall clocks and quotes. Not into that look? Not to worry… they also have Lucite end tables, furry fabric covered chairs and ottomans, and funky lamps. These would be perfect for a dorm room statement piece or that first apartment. Kids and even the guys aren’t left out. There are adorable décor items for that little prince or princess in your family and masculine wall art for your manly man’s cave.
Amanda’s tip: The 90% clearance wall in the rear of the store is a must for browsing! It can be a little jumbled, but totally worth digging around.
4. Find Something Out of stock? A manager should be able to order it for you and have it shipped to the store. Note: holiday décor and seasonal items probably aren’t available to be re-ordered but it shouldn’t be a problem for most items they regularly carry.
5. Order fabric or trim online. You can use the 40% off coupon for the first 10 yards of a single cut of fabric. However, if you order more than 10 yards, the remainder will be full price. Note: this applies to trims, ribbon, and all material sold by the yard.
You may also be interested in:
6. Remember that Hobby Lobby is closed Sundays: Get your supplies by Saturday and spend a quiet Sunday afternoon with your kids making fun crafts.
For those of you who’ve never been to a Hobby Lobby, here’s the last word from Amanda: It will be super hard for you to go in Hobby Lobby and not buy something. It's WAY beyond a craft store. Enjoy!