Stop Dusting – Let the cobwebs and dust bunnies build up in the corners to make your home look a little bit haunted. Do schedule a heavy dusting and vacuuming for November 1.
Candle Swap – Switch out all the candles in your sconces or candelabras with black ones like these.
Creepy Tunes – Download a mysterious soundtrack, and play it loudly around the house for the neighbors and anyone else brave enough to approach your home.
Related: Easy Halloween Crafts
- Halloween Spiderweb Decoration
- Spook-alicious Halloween Garden Bash
- 33 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas
4. Foggy Entry – Place parcels of dry ice near your front door, and let them do their smoky melting trick
5. Fake a Spider Siege – Pull apart large pieces of cotton or gauze to drape over your bushes and under the eaves of your roof.
6. Promote Superstition – Download a black cat silhouette, and place it dead center in your driveway or garden path to give everyone bad luck.
Related: 12 Halloween Nail Art Ideas
7. Pretend Your House is Abandoned – Cover your furniture with old sheets like no one lives there.
8. Ghoulify Family Photos – Replace your family portrait with a Photshopped version of the same picture that gives everyone pale skin and red eyes.
9. Wake Up the Ice Maker – Drop a few of these in the icemaker, and hang around the refrigerator for a while.
10. Forget Pest Control – Purchase fake vermin like rats and cockroaches, and leave them all about your house.
11. Dark Greetings – Write “RIP,” “Go Away,” “Witches Live Here,” and other ominous sayings on your doormats.
12. Macabre Blooms – Arrange dark colored flowers like red roses and black dahlias through your home, and don’t throw them out when they wilt.
13. Dim Your Home – Swap out your light bulbs for black and red, and don’t open your curtains or shutters.
14. Imitate a Crime Scene – Put up caution tape, and trace body outlines in the driveway.
15. Display Bones not Sweets – Rather than a cake, place a skull under a cake plate.
16. Signal Signs of Distress – Paint “help me” signs on your window panes using your non-dominant hand for extra-effect.
17. Create a Cemetery – Sprinkle tombstones throughout your yard.
18. Welcome Bats – String tons of cheap rubber bats on strings throughout your front yard.
19. Spread Rumors – Conjure up a haunting ghost story about your house to tell everyone.