On a small lot overflowing with blooms, Betsy Fleenor brings the romance back to her Birmingham garden
Illustration: Ryan Kelly
Here’s how to create this lush, romantic style.
- Choose a variety of plants for a casual feel.
- Try materials that are traditional and timeless.
- Use dense plantings to maximize space.
- Mix ornamentals and edibles such as old roses and cabbages for a classic look.
- Tell a story with pass-along plants that have meaning.
- Add charm with fences or hedges designed to keep animals out of veggies.