Brightbead cotoneaster softens this wall and makes a colorful accent.
Brightbead cotoneaster (Cotoneaster lacteus, also sold as C. parneyi) is shown above. It’s suitable for everywhere but the Tropical South. Also consider using these other evergreens in espaliers.
- Blue Atlas cedar (Cedrus atlantica ‘Glauca’)―US, MS, LS
- Chinese fringe (Loropetalum chinense)―MS, LS, CS
- Firethorn (Pyracantha sp.)―US, MS, LS, CS
- Lemon bottlebrush (Callistemon citrinus)―LS, CS, TS
- ‘Little Gem’ Southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora ‘Little Gem’)―US, MS, LS, CS
- Sasanqua camellia (Camellia sasanqua)―MS, LS, CS
US = Upper South, MS = Middle South, LS = Lower South, CS = Coastal South, TS = Tropical South