Other accessories, while pretty, are basic so they don’t compete: lamps with soft green shades, a framed photo and clock on the dresser, and a citrus green faux-suede chair. Faux suede is a great choice because it’s budget friendly and easy to clean with mild soap and water. The pine chest by the bed and a pair of antique prints hanging above ease some classic simplicity into the otherwise posh room.
The fashionable scheme flows into the adjoining bath, where this space just keeps on giving--ideas, that is. Diane, a faux-finish artist, stenciled a block of fleurs-de-lis (inspired by the pillow) onto the wall. She framed the design with gold strokes that mimic the curves of the headboard. The intricate painting adds one more special touch to this gem.
Pick a Pink, Not Just Any Pink
See if one of these options tickles your fancy.
1. Cheery (#6584), Sherwin-Williams
2. Bubblegum (#4069-32), Sico
3. Begonia (#6599), Sherwin-Williams
4. Dragon Fruit (#6855), Duron
- Paint color is Pink Sky from Ralph Lauren Paint, available at The Home Depot (R)
- Green-and-pink fabric on pillow is Who’s Your Daddy print (discontinued)
- Green faux-suede fabric on chair from Cutting Corners, Dallas, www.cuttingcorners.com or (972) 233-4503 (R).
"Room with a Hue" is from the May 2008 issue of Southern Living.