Design Ideas for Master Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Creating a cozy bedroom is simple when you start with designer Jill Boothby’s favorite items.
- Bedside Tables
- White Bedding
- Table Lamps
- Soft Rug
Height is key. Jill's rule: Tabletop should be even with mattress top.
- Affinity Drawer Night Stands, $739 each, by Broyhill Furniture.
Decorating Tip: Use an upholstered headboard. “Soft, soft, soft,” says Jill. “Your bed should be heaven!” You can have a frame custom-made, but many online and catalog retailers offer nice choices in numerous shapes and fabrics.
Hanging a mirror above the headboard reflects light and creates a focal point.
- Marisol Mirror, $399, from Restoration Hardware.
A must for nighttime reading. Add symmetry to the room by choosing a matching pair.
- Kathryn Table Lamps, $179 each, from Crate & Barrel.
Decorating Tip: Go for a little elegance. “The bedroom should be the most luxurious room in your house,” says Jill. Splurge on lush fabrics such as raw silk for your drapes and velvet for a chair.
- Bedroom wall paint: Rainwashed (6211) by Sherwin-Williams.
- Bath wall paint: Window Pane (6210), also by Sherwin-Williams.