Virginia uses white baskets with cloth liners to keep her fabric samples organized. Inexpensive containers can be purchased at import and discount stores and spray-painted to coordinate with a room's decor.
A basic wire drawer unit was enhanced with a fabric skirt. Virginia attached panels to the unit with self-fastening strips. The panels can be easily removed to access items below.
Drab office chairs, while comfortable, didn't fit into the color scheme. New fabric solved the problem, taking utilitarian seating to a decorative level as well.
Virginia proves that just because a space is functional doesn't mean it can't be attractive too.
Jazz Up Your Office Space
- Give a basic table a makeover with fabric. Use self-fastening strips to attach panels that conceal storage space below.
- Cover office chairs with coordinating fabric for a pulled-together look.
- Organize papers, samples, and other loose items in baskets.
- Invest in a piece with doors, such as an armoire, that can hide clutter.
- Incorporate color. Cheery hues can brighten your mood while you work.