1. A new pocket door closes off the kitchen from the hallway.
2. The quartz-topped island, recessed to accommodate several barstools, is surrounded by painted beaded board to reinforce the cabinets’ Shaker panels.
3. All it took was widening two openings to turn the former storage and laundry area into a main thoroughfare.
4. Mark designed a hardworking cupboard to stow the Packers’ wine fridge and coffeemaker.
5. An oak harvest table and upholstered banquette are the natural breakfast headquarters. They sit where the laundry area once was.