Breakfast Menu Recipes:
Increase your chances of living a healthier, happier life by eating a well-balanced breakfast daily. Treat your family or friends to a leisurely weekend repast of Oatmeal Pancakes With Cider Sauce and crispy Brown Sugared Turkey Bacon. Short on time? Try a smoothie or low-fat muffin. Either way, you'll feel satiated, satisfied, and full of energy.
Crunched for time in the morning? Just grab a nutritious option on your way out.
- Top whole wheat waffles with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Toss fruit and yogurt in the blender to whip up a quick smoothie.
- Mix together dried fruit, toasted seeds, and nuts for a protein-packed pick-me-up.
- Prepare low-fat muffins ahead, freeze, and pop in the microwave before leaving.
- Studies show that eating breakfast improves your overall nutrition, ability to concentrate, and ability to maintain your weight.
- Aim to incorporate starch, fiber, and fat into your breakfast to maintain satiety throughout the morning.
"Begin with Breakfast" is from the April 2006 issue of Southern Living.