Fashion Cents From an Expert
Here she offers her specialty: one full day of shopping with a clear sense of self on a tight budget.
Cecile Blanco dashes from her Atlanta home to consult clients.
Cecile collaborates with the owner of James Madison Salon.
The stylist explains how to use eye color to guide clothing color choices.
She uses a point system to prevent overaccessorizing. Each eye-arresting feature earns a point, and you should never exceed 10 points.
Mix interesting accessories with a solid black dress for a fresh look.
Cost of garment = Total cost paid / anticipated number of wears
- Buy it: $100 trousers, worn 10 times = $10 per wear
- Beware: $600 evening gown, worn twice = $300 per wear
- Don’t: Wear a necklace with matching earrings, matching bracelets, and matching rings.
- Do: Show off your creativity by mixing different types of jewelry.
- Don’t: Think about wearing that holiday sweater with glitz and ornaments again.
- Do: Play with colors and incorporate red and gold into your accessories.
- Don’t: Use ornament-type earrings.
- Do: Go over the top by wearing unexpected, bold accessories that are still tasteful.
- Quality black leather bag
- Signature necklace that makes a personality statement
- Glossy sling-back pumps that dress up any outfit
- Quality leather boots that go from office to a fun dinner
- Large cocktail ring that says “here I am!”