Martina Gruber / EyeEm / Getty Images
No matter how much (or how little!) time you have, there are plenty of ways to get that done-and-done feeling.
This article orignally appeared on Real Simple
- Unsubscribe from one e-mail list that drives you nuts.
- Jot down a fix-it list.
- Post on Facebook for a handyman/dog walker/Saturday-night sitter.
- Book a date with that friend you never see enough of.
- Change or clean at least one household filter (central air/Brita/stove vent).
- Order new socks for everyone!
- Clean under the oven or behind the refrigerator.
- Order batteries online.
- Set up mail-order delivery for regular prescriptions.
- Write that thank-you note you’ve been meaning to get to.
- Book hair-color appointments for the year.
- Download a meditation app.
Under an Hour
- Make doctor and dentist appointments for the family for the whole year.
- Clean out the freezer.
- Set a timer and delete e-mails that you don’t need anymore.
- Dump out makeup bag: edit, clean, restock.
- Order one-size-fits-most birthday gifts for the kids’ friends (gift cards for teens); store them where you won’t forget them.
- Purge 10 things from your worst closet.
- Organize filing cabinet; shred old documents (um...locate shredder).
- Buy a year’s worth of birthday cards (and stamps!).
- Identify three new meals that you’re excited to put in your regular cooking rotation.
- Pick one of those boxes of “stuff” in the closet/basement/attic; sort it.
- Clean out the car.
- Take care of all the holiday returns.
- Paint that room (you know the one).
- Create some space in the garage.
- Start prepping for tax time.
- Reoutfit a closet with shelves and bins so that it actually works.
- Do three things just for you— including using that meditation app.