- BYOC: Save space in the landfill and the resources and energy required to make those disposable vessels by bringing your own cup or coffee mug to work.
- Flick the Switch: Turn off all unnecessary lights when you leave for the day.
- Get an Office Mate: They’re not only easy on the eyes, but an indoor plant can also filter certain airborne pollutants and replenish your workspace with a human-friendly gas―oxygen.
- Spread the News: We’ve only scratched the surface here of all the ways we can lessen our impact on this planet. Share these ideas with your coworkers, and in turn, they may share a few with you.
- Night, Night: At the end of the workday, turn off your computer or at least put it to sleep or in “hibernate” mode. The latter can save as much as 70% of the power used if the computer was left on.